And with a REAL blog post.
Not a contest, not a giveaway, not a sponsor post...ME!
Speaking of sponsors, I've decided to change things up starting next month.
In December, I'll no longer offer sponsor featured posts.
I will still offer the option of sidebar placement ads and one large group giveaway. (Everything has been updated on my "Sponsor" page.)
I've found that it's been way too difficult to manage with working and going to school full-time.
It's caused me to be super stressed out and every time I've sat down to write a post, I basically want to throw my computer out the window.
Instead, I've ended up blogging a lot of "fluff" posts and for that I'm sorry.
Again, this has nothing to do with the amazing bloggers who have sponsored me (I LOVE YOU ALL!) but rather me taking on more than I can handle.
I just never want to feel like blogging causes me stress because I absolutely love it and the whole stress part really takes the fun out of it..resulting in super lame posts by yours truly.
And to be honest, my lame blog posts haven't been just about me being busy and stressed.
I've also been struggling with missing my dad and grandpa and it's just been really hard to have to start facing the holidays without them for the first time.
This time of year has always been my absolute favorite, and now it just sucks.
Okay, so now that all of that awkwardness is out of the way, I thought I'd fill you in on what I've been up to this past week...
1. I went to the fair. I haven't been in ages and had the best time. Colton and I spent an embarrassingly absurd amount of money on carnival games, but hey, we ended up with some pretty awesome prizes. And let me just say, I definitely kicked his booty in the game department. See that giant dolphin? That was all me. And those itty bitty fish? Colton. I rest my case. We also conquered that beast of a slide. Oh, and hello turkey leg the size of my head.
2. I watched Colton play video games...while eating candy out of a pinata. A pinata that we were supposed to break during our Halloween party last weekend but somehow "forgot." I think Colton really just wanted to save it and reap the benefits.
3. I went on a date with Colton. He surprised me with lunch at my favorite restaurant (True Food Kitchen) and a very exciting secret activity.
4. I ate way too much frozen yogurt. With lots and lots of unhealthy toppings to defeat the purpose of eating the frozen yogurt in the first place.
5. I got eyelash extensions. I haven't worn makeup all week because of them (see photo), thus, they are my new best friend.
6. I took a million and a half photos of my brother sleeping. What I really wanted to do was wake him up and play with that cute little face.
7. I celebrated Halloween with my family. This included eating delicious homemade chili, going trick-or-treating with my little brothers, helping Maximus sort out all of his candy, and dressing Zoey up in a ridiculous (and hilarious) skeleton costume.
Okay, that's all I've got for you today.
But I promise to be back very soon!
I've got a lot of fun future posts up my sleeve.
And I can't wait to tell you all about the last minute Halloween party that Colton and I threw.
It ended up being so much fun and I almost cried the next day because I was so sad it was over.
Yeah, I wish I were kidding.