Disclosure: Compensation was provided by TRESemme via Mode Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of TRESemme.
Lately, I've been receiving a lot of requests on how I curl my hair so I thought I'd put together a little tutorial. Adding the TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done collection to my hair routine has made such a huge improvement! The key to curling my hair is to make it look as natural as possible by creating loose waves instead of tight curls.
1. After washing my hair with the TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done Shampoo and Conditioner, I liberally spray the TRESemme Perfectly (un)Done Sea Salt Spray to my damp hair. Sidenote: This stuff smells SO good! It makes me feel like I'm at the beach every time I spray it in my hair.
2. Once I've applied the Sea Salt Spray all over my hair, I blow dry it completely.
3. Next, I section my hair into the top and bottom half. I begin curling the bottom half in one to two inch sections, with the curling iron facing away from me. I try to do slightly different size sections to keep my hair looking as natural as possible. I only keep the curling iron on my hair for a few seconds and never curl the ends.
4. I repeat step number three to the top half of my hair. I only slightly curl the front pieces so that they can frame my face more naturally and not look overly done.
5. Once all of my hair is curled, I straighten the bottom two to three inches of it. Even though I already made sure not to curl that hair, straightening it gives it more of a boho look.
6. I rarely wear my hair completely down because I don't like having it in my face, so I take a small section from the front and swoop it back. To secure it, I use two bobby pins and then fluff the hair around it a bit to give it a messier feel.
And there you have it! My six easy steps to creating Perfectly (un)Done Boho Waves.
Please let me know if you have any other questions!
For more hair inspiration and tutorials, visit www.youtube.com/TRESemme.