I'm so excited to be partnering with Simply Stylist and Dove today to share my Arizona Spring Break Guide! I was born and raised in Arizona and I absolutely love it here. Needless to say, I had so much fun putting this post together filled with all of my favorite things to do and see while visiting the Phoenix metropolitan area.
The first thing you should know about visiting The Valley of the Sun during the Spring is that it will likely be warm. The high is usually in the 80s but can sometimes even reach the 90s. One thing I can't live without in this heat is my Dove Dry Spray Antiperspirant. I love that it's a spray and goes on instantly dry because it leaves no visible residue. It also has a 48-hour odor and wetness protection which is important to me because when I'm on trips I like to go, go, go and I don't need to worry about re-applying while I'm out exploring.
My three favorite Dove Dray Spray scents are Cool Essentials, Original Clean, and Beauty Finish. Each one has it's own unique scent and Dove 1/4 moisturizers which leaves my underarms feeling softer and smoother.
Not only do I want to show you places to go and things to see once you arrive in Arizona but also what you should pack. I always have a hard time preparing for trips to places I've never been before so I'm hoping this guide will help you plan your next trip to Arizona.
2. It's generally pretty warm here in the Spring so you'll probably be spending a lot of time near the pool or in sandals, which means you'll want to have your nails painted. I usually paint mine before going on a trip but bring the polish with me in case I need a touch-up.
3. I can't live without my Dove Dry Spray and it's a must when traveling to Arizona. I love that it keeps me fresh all day!
4. I don't like to worry about wearing too much makeup on vacations so I bring a few bright lip colors because I think it's the easiest way to quickly transform my face.
5. When it comes to eye makeup, the only necessity I make sure to bring is my favorite mascara.
6. I always skip my usual face make-up routine while on vacation and opt for a simple BB Cream instead.
2. It's almost always sunny, so sunglasses are a must!
3. I like to pack basic clothing items for trips that I can mix and match and bring fun accessories (like these tassel earrings) because they take up a lot less room in my suitcase.
4. Comfy sandals are important because you'll probably be doing a lot of walking while you're here.
5. I usually just bring one purse for trips and coordinate my outfits around it. I like to pack one clutch to wear for nights out, and I especially love this one because it's so compact and hardly takes up any space in my suitcase.
6. Shorts are definitely a necessity to pack because it can get pretty hot during the day. Also be sure to pack a light cardigan or jacket that you can throw on a night when the weather cools down.
1. The Saguaro is such a fun hotel and if you're looking for the perfect Instagrammable place to stay, this is definitely it! It's also not too far from Camelback Mountain, which is a great place to hike while you're here. Other popular hikes include South Mountain and Piestewa Peak.
2. Stop in for a drink at Diego Pops (this one is served in a coconut!) and be sure to order the Brussels Sprout Nachos. They are SO good! If you're looking for more traditional Mexican food, head to Barrio Cafe or Taquitos Jalisco.
3. Old Town Scottsdale is a great place to spend the day. It's filled with art galleries, cute little shops, and some seriously delicious restaurants. This photo was taken at the Scottsdale Waterfront which is my favorite place to walk around in Old Town Scottsdale.
4. When I'm on vacation, I tend to eat out a lot and by day three or four I'm usually on the hunt for something on the healthier side. The Original ChopShop Co. (pictured) and True Food Kitchen serve up some of the most delicious and healthy food in town.
5. Scottsdale Fashion Square is my favorite shopping mall in Arizona and it's located right in the heart of Scottsdale. If you go, be sure to head across the street to grab a Sprinkles cupcake at their Cupcake ATM.
6. Another great hotel to consider staying at is FireSky Resort & Spa. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and it's less than a mile away from all of the shopping in Old Town Scottsdale.
7. For a fun outside activity, head to Top Golf. I'm not a golfer, but I still always have such a great time. There are two locations, one in Gilbert and one in Scottsdale. The Scottsdale location is right next to Talking Stick Resort, which is another great resort. It's also across the street from the Diamondbacks Spring Training facility, Salt River Fields! It you're in town during Spring Training, you'll definitely want to catch a the game at one of the ten stadiums we have here.
8. Culinary Dropout at The Yard is a fun restaurant and bar to hang out at, especially if you're with a group of people. It has a number of different games to play on the patio including cornhole, ping-pong, and my personal favorite, shuffleboard.
9. If you're in the mood for the best Bloody Mary you've ever had, you'll definitely want to go to DeSoto Central Market. The famous Monster Bloody Mary consists of various garnishes, a cheeseburger slider, and a homemade brownie!
Go to Dove.com/TryDry to learn more.