a mid-week surprise

Top: Forever 21 (old), Shorts: Gap (love these), Belt: Target, Bag: Louis Vuitton, Necklace: Nordstrom Rack, Earrings: House of Harlow 1960, Watch: Michael Kors (similar here), Sunglasses: Cole Haan, Sandals: Forever 21, Nail Polish: Blanc by Essie

This week has flown by thanks to a surprise visit from Lauren (my aunt that’s my age/future bridesmaid). She texted Colton and I on Monday morning saying, “Want to go to the Diamondbacks game tomorrow night? And no, this isn’t an April Fool’s joke.” Her friend that’s a Giants fan had bought the tickets thinking that the game was in San Francisco only to realize that it was actually here in Phoenix. I rearranged my schedule on Tuesday and we had such a fun day which included lunch at one of my favorite spots in town, an impromptu happy hour with my sister and best friend (Ellen), and the Diamondbacks game with Lauren, her friend, and Colton. They left early Wednesday morning to head back to California so it was back to the daily grind for me, but it was such a nice mid-week treat to get to spend the day with one of my best friends.

photo sophistifunk-signature_zps25bcd63c.png

FOLLOW ME ON: FACEBOOK//TWITTER//INSTAGRAM//PINTEREST//BLOGLOVIN

Share:

21 Comments

1. April 3, 2014 / 1:19 pm

That is a fun surprise, yay! Also. loving this look and lusting over that bag;)

2. April 3, 2014 / 1:44 pm

Aw surprises like that are always so fun! Glad you got to spend time with her 🙂 And you look fabulous in this outfit–love the chambray with the shorts!

Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

3. April 3, 2014 / 2:02 pm

I love printed shorts and pink so these are perfect. And of course, chambray is a great choice.

4. April 3, 2014 / 3:16 pm

How nice of her to surprise you 🙂 I love those printed shorts – perfect for spring!

5. April 3, 2014 / 9:49 pm

sounds like so much fun! i love those shorts, and your necklace! great look 🙂
    xo
    Tara
    shoesillneverhave.blogspot.com

6. April 4, 2014 / 2:29 am

Great outfit! Thanks for checking out my blog 🙂
    The Diamondbacks were in Sydney playing a few weeks ago! It was awesome! So cool to see baseball, we don't really have it over here. Definitely a cool experience!

7. April 7, 2014 / 3:09 am

Such a cute outfit. I can't wait for the NYC weather to warm enough for me to bust out my shorts. Your outfit post makes me really miss them!

– Gita
    mimiandchichi.com
    Keep in touch with me on Bloglovin

8. April 9, 2014 / 3:48 pm

What a special surprise!! That is so awesome. I love your outfit here, chambray with shorts is one of my favorite looks! I also have the same bag and it's so perfect for carrying every thing you need during the day.

P.S. Your hair always looks amazing!

xo